Friday, September 12, 2008

Get your Bear Creek tickets now



I am so psyched for the Bear Creek festival at the Suwannee Music Park in Live Oak, Florida. The ticket prices go up a few bucks on September 17, so get on it, festivarians!

I went to Bear Creek last year and it was completely chill, uncrowded, and, of course, featured stellar bands. Bear Creek is the reincarnation of the old Down on the Farm festival which was held in Quincy, Fla. for a couple of years. The Down on the Farm people bought new land for their festival site, but locals nixed the fest. That's when they moved it the Suwannee Music park.

That's cool by me. Suwannee is a fabulous venue with great camping and an awesome river beach. The main river beach is a long way from the stages, so you'll need a car or golf cart to get there. You can walk to a different, closer spot to swim, but there's no beach there. With the river as high as it is, beach will be hard to find in any case. Still, you must baptize yourself in the Suwannee!


For Bear Creek, JJ Grey and Mofro is the band I am most excited to see. They get better every time I see them. I caught them at Echo Project in Georgia, and at their own Blackwater Sol Review in St. Augustine, Fl. summer of 2007. They also put on a killer show at 2007's Wannee festival, also held at Suwannee Music Park.

I have no idea why JJ Grey isn't more famous, He's got the star quality, the pipes, the writing chops and the showmanship to be bigger nationally.

I'll be back soon to preview Magnolia Fest, which is coming up fast. Yay! Can't wait to see all my festy friends!

No comments: