Thursday, September 25, 2008

North Carolina's Got It Goin' On



Two outstanding fests in North Carolina on the same weekend: Loki on 10/9-10/12 and Shakori Hills 10/10-10/12. The Loki lineup is outrageous! George Clinton (Get DOOOOOWWWWNNN!), Toubab Krewe, Col Bruce Hampton, and the amazing Larry Keel, flatpicking master.

I have heard lots of good stories about Shakori Hills, which is bluegrass and newgrass. The Duhks will be there, with their new material, and the Carolina Chocoloate Drops.

Also, don't forget the Riverhawk festival in Brooksville, outside of Tampa. http://www.riverhawkmusic.com/Riverhawk/2008/rh08_lineup.htm

I've never been to Riverhawk, but I hear great things from my Tapa-St. Pete fest friends. One of these years...

I'm too busy in North Florida, what with Magnolia Fest and Bear Creek, to get up to North Carolina. I hope all these many fall fests are supported by music fans during these uncertain financial times.

Oh, I know you want to know: Who are those painted girls at the top of festgrrl's blog? They were attendees at Wannee. Aren't they precious??!

No comments: