Thursday, June 23, 2016

Festgrrl Saying Bye

festgrrl photo

Well, kind friends, this is the end of the festgrrl music news blog.

When I started festgrrl eight years ago, I began this wonderful adventure  because I couldn't get all the information I needed about the music festivals I wanted to go to, so I decided to start reporting on them and gathering info for myself and my fellow festers. Back then, most festival websites were generally terrible and hard to navigate.

I started out sending group emails and then evolved into the festgrrl blog when that easy platform became available.

Today, it's a far different landscape.There is TONS of information out there now about bands and fests, and lots of people reviewing and photographing. Check out  the venerable and valuable JamBase. Also Live for Live Music, Music fest news, Relix, Funk It, and The Untz,  just to name a few.

No one should have any trouble finding what they need to know with all that's available. So I'm gonna retire from this festgrrl venture and pursue some other stuff.  I have had some amazing experiences and met some delightful folk. Thank you musicians, thank you promoters, thank you tapers, thank you festivarians!

I'm still gonna be out there with my crazy old van and my dancing shoes, that's for sure. It's a long strange trip and I'm still traveling along with the rest of you music fans.You people are the best!

Love, love, love to all, near and far. See you on the dance floor.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you, Julie Hauserman!!! I will see you at Camp Turtlehead.

Unknown said...

I love you, Julie Hauserman!!! I will see you at Camp Turtlehead.

Unknown said...

Not goodbye!! I can't deal with goodbyes...Let's just a assume different pseudonyms.

Unknown said...

We love FestGrrl!