Monday, May 2, 2011

Living Jazzfest Vicariously

JazzFest gets off to a rousing, rollicking start


The incomparable Dr. John -- A National Treasure


Oh, Man, I wish I were in New Orleans for Jazzfest! Check out this wonderful rundown of last weekend's magic from HoumaToday.  My fave part:

"Dapper in a panama hat and guayabera shirt, John Boutté held the jazz tent spellbound with his angelic voice, an instrument of stunning purity. The singer paid tribute to the city with Arlo Guthrie’s City of New Orleans and Basin Street Blues. He created a communal warmth with the frisky Good Neighbor and silenced the hall with a slow, deliberate take on Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah."

Sounds like bliss!

Rolling Stone has a Jazzfest blog and a link for live streaming of some of the shows. I'd say it's the next best thing to being there but I don't think there is a next best thing to being there...boogie on, festers!

No comments: