Sunday, October 17, 2010

MVY RADIO

A bunch of y'all have been asking me to recommend Internet radio stations. My very fave Americana station is WMVY (Marthas Vineyard.) They have a fantastic site, though it does require a bunch of poking around their site to find all the treasures.

They have TONS of archived concerts, including Merlefest, Newport Folk Festival, etc., as well as downloads, and great commercial-free streams customized for your mood. I love the archived  Shakedown Street, natch. Take the time to explore, it is worth it! I send them a donation ever so often in deepest gratitude. Lots of interviews as well. I listened to a Gourds concert, a Dan Hicks and the Hot Licks concert, a Campbell Brothers concert, a Betty LaVette concert, and a 1985 live performance/interview with The Duhks. A great Sunday sound track while packing for Magnolia Fest!

No comments: