Thursday, May 14, 2009

On the Road Again!


Heading out today to the Mossyheadz fest outside North Florida's DeFuniak Springs. I was disappointed to learn that Dread Clampitt won't be playing as usual, but I am going to tough it out in the wilds of Walton County anyway! Lots of bands I have never heard of, so that should be fun. Looking forward to the Burnin' Smyrnins, Ralph Roddenberry ( I just leanred he's Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry's nephew, who knew? All I know is he ROCKS it), Rebecca Jean Smith, Dubconscious, and the excellent band 3rd stone which I wrote about in my last post from the Farm to Family Full Moon fest last weekend. Promoter promises two surprise guests. Wonder who they are??

It's gonna be hot, but there's a spring a short drive away, aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh....

UPDATE: I went, the spring was closed. Boo hiss. The fest site was super super hot, camping was a quarter mile away from the stage. Why????????? I left and stayed at my friend's place on the beach, which was lovely. I later heard bands had to be cancelled on Sunday (which was best lineup) due to poor attendance.

No comments: